- 18 meses
- Período Integral
- Rio de Janeiro, RJ (Presencial)
The Lead Geophysicist is responsible for generating, executing & delivering the geophysical work program for all the TE’s Brazilian assets. Ensure projects are correctly framed and results delivered with all risk & uncertainty fully
addressed. Provide input to TE’s Brazilian strategy and budget. Allocate and manage 3rd party projects. Report to the Subsurface Manager in Brazil & liaise with the Global Lead Geophysicist (London).
On the Subsurface team you will be responsible for the following but not restricted:
1. Projects: project planning, management & reporting while delivering work;
2. Data acquisition: contribute to field development including seismic reprocessing & processing plus geophysical
3. External studies: work alongside 3rd parties & external experts on projects e.g. reprocessing, specialist inversion
4. Results: integrate results with all the subsurface disciplines and apply lessons learnt. Deliver to deadlines
5. Quality assurance: provide technical quality assurance in the form of peer reviews (both informal and formal) for all
forms of geophysical data and interpretation;
6. Teamwork: manage & develop a small team of geophysicists. Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment,
effectively communicating and working with all subsurface disciplines and with subsea, drilling & completions
amongst other departments;
7. Communication: present results including issues and solutions to all key stakeholders including peers,
management, board and partners. Ensure ANP requirements are met in relation to all geophysical work conducted.
· Minimum qualification: MSc in relevant subject (or PhD);
· At least 10 years’ experience as a development geophysicist in the oil and gas industry;
· Proven track record in seismic interpretation both siliciclastic & carbonate, contributing to successful field
development; reservoir management and infill drilling;
· Quantitative interpretation plus expert; knowledge in carbonate interpretation;
· Ability to integrate seismic interpretation/data with production data to develop a forward program for field
management and improving EUR including but not limited to:
o Seismic acquisition/processing & reprocessing
o Depth conversion and velocity analysis
o Seismic forward modelling
o Qualitative pre-stack interpretation (AVO & EEI)
o Ability to estimate in-place static volumes from first principles
o Risking & uncertainty: ability to estimate and capture uncertainty in mapping, modelling and volumetric analysis
o Expert user of geophysical software
o Experience of seismic inversion, fault seal analysis, 4D optimisation: not required but an advantage
· Proven problem solver/solution finder with a wide range of effective techniques applicable to subsurface and business
· Understand the importance of, and can facilitate integration across the subsurface disciplines and with the support disciplines
Trident Energy do Brasil is an Oil and Gas production company focused on the redevelopment of mature fields, which has one of the most experienced teams in the sector, with a vast technical and operational knowledge to modernize mature assets and increase the production of latent reserves.
We are a young and growing company that love what we do and are driven by the challenge to go further. All of this is guided by the safety of our employees, respect for authorities, the environment, and the communities where we work. We are looking for talents that shares the same purpose and that wants to write a story with us! If you are this person, come to be part of our team to #rocktherocks with us!
To learn more about us, check our website: https://trident-energy.com.br/
We encourage PCDs to apply to any of our positions!